tanglefree decoys??

Quote · 1523 days ago · 0 people like this ·

has any body used tanglefree decoys this year, and did you approve or disapprove?

I had some tanglefree redheads and bluebills. First time out, the white paint began chipping off. I put these deeks through the ultimate test, unintentionally, and they failed. We had just pulled up to our spot on some public land, dropped the bags out of the truck and we saw another truck comming down the road full of hunters. we hadn't claimed our spot yet, so I got in a rush, threw the truck in reverse to go park while a friend ran to the hole. Needless to say, I heard a loud crunch as backed over a bag of deeks with ghg magnums and my tanglefree magnums. They went under the axle, not the tires. I pulled forward and inspected the bag, none of the ghg deeks were damaged at all, but 4 of the 8 tanglefree's were shattered, not just a little crack, but broken in half. I just feel that the ghg deeks can obviously take more abuse :lol: 8-)

Taylor S. Fowl Play Game Calls and Fowlnation Pro Staff

lol racks, you just reminded me of the scene in napolean dynamite where he runs over the tupperware to demonstrate its strength.. and it fails :)._x000D_ _x000D_ Bummer that they shattered like that, they look like they'd hold up better but I have yet to use a set myself.

FowlNation - Calling all Waterfowlers
Quote · 1522 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I have used the rig em right tanglefree application on semi shallow mallard rigs. I thought they worked pretty slick. We hunt big water for divers, and the water depth can get pretty deep so I dont think that would work as well due to the amount of cord needed orwould it be as trouble free as a string line.

i bought and used some tangle free mallards this year they werent by any means the best quality decoys but seemed to have good paint and i kiled a decent amount of ducks over them id recomed them to someone just starting out they where pretty cost effective.

I have these decoys and they work good for filler ducks. They are holding up better than my red head brand decoys are, and they have been used a good bit more than the redheads.

They're better than Flambooz! Well, at least the new Flams not the older versions. I have a half doz Tanglefree Mallards and use them during the early season. Gets the job done!

Quote · 1506 days ago · 0 people like this ·

lets just say it tanglefree is cheap but they look good get the job done..... now i personally feel that these are great starter dekes for anyone cause they CHEAP but they have there drawbacks..... b4 i got m 9dz tanglefree stolen i noticed that a good 3 inch of ice would crack these like a nut but theres the beauty of the dekes they are so cheap per dozen that you can replace any broken ones without breakn sweat

Quote · 1501 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I used the Tanglefree dekes to add to my spread. They arent as legit as the GHG but they work. I have had geese and ducks come check them out and stayed for dinner.

Quote · 1501 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I have a buddy who used some this past season. Didn't care for them.

Quote · 1499 days ago · 0 people like this ·

For Sale: 1 Drake and 1 Hen Mallard, used only once for a wedding, bride and groom not included. :shock:

Waterfowl Recent Topics