Duck Thang

Quote · 881 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I was provided a decoy motion system called the Duck Thang for use during a Wounded Warrior hunt that I hosted in Ballard County, KY and all I can say is WOW, what a great piece of equipment.  Its nothing like the Duck Commander Wavemaker, which moves decoys back and forth.  This one moves your decoys in a continuous motion in the shape of however you place the idler pulleys.  It worked great keeping ice out of the hole (on one of only a handful of days this winter it got that cold!!!) and the ducks really were attracted to it.  Its designed for those with fixed, all-season blinds because its can take about 20-30 minutes to fully install, plus you'll want to make sure there aren't alot of obstructions to the drive belt, but it worked easy enough.  Unfortunately, if there are muskrats or beavers in your area, you'll have to raise it up daily to keep them from gnawing on the drive belt, but this system worked great.  This is made locally in Tennessee by a small, family run business, which makes it even better in my eyes.  I've posted two videos to show the system in action, so feel free to check them out.

Duck Thang Ballard.wmv · 8.9M · 125 downloads
Duck Thang West TN.wmv · 9.2M · 96 downloads
Quote · 881 days ago · 0 people like this ·

That looks pretty sharp.  Whats one of them set ya back?

Flocked Wear Field Staff
Quote · 880 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I believe they are about $900, but the owner actually gave me one for the hunt, then asked me for my feedback.  After I did, he said to keep the one I had and asked me to be a pro-staff guy for the product.  Now I know what you're thinking, but I really do like the system and how well it works.  It will keep motion in your spread, maintain open water during ice up, and the one video showing us hunting over one in West TN is actually 3 years old.  It beats the hell out of a mallard machine, covers more water (around 200 linear feet on the drive belt) and looks more natural to me.  I was actually going to buy one until he made me an offer I couldn't refuse- obviously! 

Good for you man.  Thats a real nice deal.  Lucky man.  If they need any more prostaff hit me up lol

Flocked Wear Field Staff

That thing is sweet. I can see puting that to good use at my pond. I have never used a motion system but after watching that I can see how it would help. Congrats on your new toy and well deserved for your contribution to the Wounded Warrior hunts.

looks like it works a hell of a lot better than a jerk cord!!

Waterfowl Recent Topics